To start a return:
1) Start by going to http://www.taxsoftware.com
2) Click on the bar that says “Click here to start your tax return;”
3) Click on ACCEPT ;
4) Click on NEW at the top of the page;
5) Fill in the name and address web page;
6) Select 1041 and Tax year 2008;
7) Click on NEXT and continue and complete all the pages on the return;
To enter a K-1:
1) Click on NEXT until you get to the K-1 page or select K-1 at the drop down button at the top of the page.
2) Click on EDIT.
3) Fill in one K-1 Form manually, by answering all the questions on the page;
4) See the word “New#2” below the name you just entered inside the list box at the top of the page;
5) Click on the “New#2” work and fill out the second K-1n’s information below;
6) Follow these steps until you entered all the K-1s.
To create a spreadsheet (Not recommended for returns with less than 100 K-1s):
1) Follow steps above1 through 3.
2) Click on EXPORT.
3) A spreadsheet template will be created and EXCEL will be launched.
4) Paste or type your data for the other forms into the spread sheet.
5) Number the rows from 0 to 100. One ROW is one trust. Do not change the column headings. Each column is one field, such as name, address, city, state, zip, amount etc.
6) Click on SAVE and save the file as a CSV file;
7) Go back to the web site click on IMPORT.
8) All of your data will be imported back to the website.
1) Start by selecting 1041 on the home page;
2) Move down the page a click on the bar that says “Click here to start your tax return;”
3) Click on ACCEPT ;
4) Click on the file inside the gray box, and then click on the EDIT icon at the top.
5) You can edit your return as many times as you want, until you are sure it is correct. Make sure you print and check it before you e-file. There is no limit of time for you to have access to you return, but make sure you follow the IRS deadlines.
1) From the same computer where you entered your data go to the page shown above "Taxsoftware.com Start Web Page".
2) Click on the PRINT ALL button to print you entire tax return.
or click on EDIT and select the specific form you want to print from the drop down box at the top of the page
and click on PRINT to print just that form.
3) When you are using ACROBAT, make sure the ANNOTATIONS or COMMENTS box is checked on the print dialog screen. Depending on the version you have, it could say “Print documents and annotations,” or similar language. Make sure you are using Acrobat 5.05 or later. Earlier versions of Acrobat may not print correctly. If you have a color printer, make sure you have blue color, or set it to print blank only. For more information please see: http://www.taxsoft.com/adobeprinterdialog.html
4) The software allows you to print all the copies for your K-1s.
5) You can print your return as many times as you want, until you are sure it is correct. Make sure you print and check it before you e-file. There is no limit of time for you to have access to you return, but make sure you follow the IRS deadlines.
To print K-1s:
1) From the same computer where you entered your tax return, click on NEXT until you get to the K-1 page or select K-1 at the drop down button at the top of the page.
2) Click on EDIT.
3) You can print them all at once using the batch print command. To do a batch print, fill in the number of the return you want to print (for example, start: 1 End: 10) and then click on the "Pay/Print" icon next to it. It will print all the returns, but only the recipient copies.
4) Or you can print one at a time by selecting a return. To select the return, click on the scroll down bar below the title of the form you are filing.
5) You can give the copies that you print in regular paper to the recipients. Usually, you give away the "recipient" copy.
1) You must return to the start screen.
2) Click on the file, then press the EFILE button. The return is not e-filed until you press the "EFILE" button.
3) Then you must press the CONFIRM button. If the CONFIRM button does not show up you can manually launch the web page from Internet Explorer with the Browse button to find the file c:\btax\senddata.html If there is a balance due press the "Click to Pay".
4) You will receive an email within three business days indicating your forms have been ACCEPTED.
5) If you do not receive this email, your forms have NOT been E-Filed. The E-Mail will contain and acknowledgement file #. You will need this number for proof of your E-File if you need to later contact the IRS.
6) If there is any problems with your return or the IRS requires additional information you will receive an email indicating the file was REJECTED.
7) Then you need to return to the web site and fix any errors. You can see your IRS errors on the REVIEW screen by pressing the ERRORS button
8) Then you must print and sign, and mail Form 8453F to Internal Revenue Service Ogden Submission Processing Center (OSPC) Mail Stop 6052 Ogden, UT 84201
To print Form 8453, please click on NEXT until you reach the Form 8453 page, and then click on PRINT.